Browse through our amazing Breco Recipes by Jenni Morris
- Deep-Fried Torpedo Prawns with Thai Sweet Chilli Dip
- BBQ Tuna Kebabs
- Thousand Island Prawn Salad
- Beer Battered Fish and Chips with Breco Chip and Dip Sauce
- Summery Mussel Salad
- Pesto Prawns
- Herby Crumbed Half Shell Mussels Recipe
- Seared Scallops, on a bed of Cucumber Spaghetti served in the Half Shell and drizzled with Lime Juice
- Summer Crabstick Salad
- Smoked Salmon and Cuccumber Filled Herb Omelette
- Seared Salmon with Tartare Sauce
- Baby Kingklip with Seafood and Garlic Sauce
- Squid Salad
- Mango Crab Sticks Salad
- Crumbed Butterfly Prawns Served With Peanut Coconut Sauce and a Side Salad of Red Onion and Oranges
- Baked Sardines with Thyme and Roasted Lemon
- Tasty Twice Fried Tentacles with Green Beans
3 tbls olive oil
1 large onion peeled and chopped
2 sticks chopped celery
1 carrot peeled and diced
1 fresh bay leaf (dried is fine)
4 x cloves chopped garlic
800g baby octopus
2 x 400g canned chopped tomatoes
2 tbls tomato paste
1 tsp dried oregano
½ tsp thyme
¾ cup dry white wine
Salt and pepper to taste
Zest of 1 ripe lemon
1/2 cup chopped parsley
Wedges of fresh lemon
Heat the olive oil and add the onion, celery, carrot and bay leaf and gently fry until translucent.
Add the garlic and octopus and gently cook for 6 minutes.
Now add the tomatoes, tomato paste, oregano and thyme simmer gently for 10 minutes.
Add the wine and season to taste and simmer very gently for 1 hour or until tender.
Stir the lemon zest and parsley and serve with fresh lemon wedges.
Serve with chunks of crusty bread or crushed new potatoes or steamed herbed rice.
© Jenny Morris