Browse through our amazing Breco Recipes by Jenni Morris
- Deep-Fried Torpedo Prawns with Thai Sweet Chilli Dip
- BBQ Tuna Kebabs
- Thousand Island Prawn Salad
- Beer Battered Fish and Chips with Breco Chip and Dip Sauce
- Summery Mussel Salad
- Pesto Prawns
- Herby Crumbed Half Shell Mussels Recipe
- Seared Scallops, on a bed of Cucumber Spaghetti served in the Half Shell and drizzled with Lime Juice
- Summer Crabstick Salad
- Smoked Salmon and Cuccumber Filled Herb Omelette
- Seared Salmon with Tartare Sauce
- Baby Kingklip with Seafood and Garlic Sauce
- Squid Salad
- Mango Crab Sticks Salad
- Crumbed Butterfly Prawns Served With Peanut Coconut Sauce and a Side Salad of Red Onion and Oranges
- Baked Sardines with Thyme and Roasted Lemon
- Tasty Twice Fried Tentacles with Green Beans
Smoked Salmon and Cuccumber Filled Herb Omelette
1/4 c finely chopped fresh coriander, mint, dill and parsley (with stalks)
Pinch of salt
Coarse black pepper
Sunflower oil or olive oil for frying
2 x 80g Breco packet smoked salmon
60 ml Mayonnaise
1 tsp chopped dill
1 spring onion with top finely chopped
1 tsp lemon juice
Freshly ground black pepper
Finely grated zest of 1 small ripe lemon
Mix filling ingredients together in a small bowl and place in the fridge until needed
Whisk the eggs in a bowl and add the chopped herbs
Add a pinch of salt and ground black pepper
Heat a 20cm frying pan until smoking hot, add 1ml sunflower oil and turn the heat halfway down
Pour 35ml of the egg and herb mixture into the pan and coat evenly
As soon as the egg mixture is cooked, loosen the sides and remove from the pan with a plastic spatula
Place the pancake herb side down on a baking paper and cool down
Trim the edges of the cucumber, quarter it and remove the seeds
Cut in batons of 5cm length and 0.3cm thickness
Cut the salmon into slices of 2.5cm widths and divide into 6 portions
Coat each pancake with 7.5 ml of the mayonnaise mixture ensuring the sides are covered as well, this will seal the pancake when rolled.
Place the sliced salmon 1cm away from the edge and top with two pieces of cucumber placed next to one another.
Flip the pancake edge over the mixture and then roll tightly into the shape of a cigar.
When the six pancakes are done, trim the edges neatly, maintaining an even size.
Cut in half at an angle and place on a plate standing upright next to each other.
Garnish with a sprig of coriander or dill and some fresh mint.
© Jenny Morris