Browse through our amazing Breco Recipes by Jenni Morris
- Deep-Fried Torpedo Prawns with Thai Sweet Chilli Dip
- BBQ Tuna Kebabs
- Thousand Island Prawn Salad
- Beer Battered Fish and Chips with Breco Chip and Dip Sauce
- Summery Mussel Salad
- Pesto Prawns
- Herby Crumbed Half Shell Mussels Recipe
- Seared Scallops, on a bed of Cucumber Spaghetti served in the Half Shell and drizzled with Lime Juice
- Summer Crabstick Salad
- Smoked Salmon and Cuccumber Filled Herb Omelette
- Seared Salmon with Tartare Sauce
- Baby Kingklip with Seafood and Garlic Sauce
- Squid Salad
- Mango Crab Sticks Salad
- Crumbed Butterfly Prawns Served With Peanut Coconut Sauce and a Side Salad of Red Onion and Oranges
- Baked Sardines with Thyme and Roasted Lemon
- Tasty Twice Fried Tentacles with Green Beans
Crumbed Butterfly Prawns Served With Peanut Coconut Sauce and a Side Salad of Red Onion and Oranges
1 box Breco crumbed butterfly prawns
Oil for deep frying
Peanut coconut sauce
2 fresh chillies, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
1 tsb chopped ginger
1 stick of finely chopped, fresh lemon grass
1/2 tsp shrimp paste
2 tsb sweet Indonesian soy sauce
3 tsb peanut oil
2 tsb lime juice
2 tsb peanut butter
4 cloves peeled garlic
2 tsb honey
1 can coconut milk
Red onion and orange salad
2 red onions peeled and thinly sliced and salted lightly
4 oranges peeled and thinly sliced
1 red pepper thinly sliced
1 orange juiced and zested
1 tsb chopped fresh coriander
2 tsb chopped chives
Make the sauce first
Place all the ingredients into a liquidizer and whiz until smooth.
Pour into a small saucepan and heat through until warm.
Spoon the sauce into a bowl. Then make the salad.
Arrange the onion and sliced oranges onto a platter, juice with the orange juice, garnish with the orange zest, chopped coriander and chives
Now fry the prawns.
Heat the oil and fry the prawns in small batches until golden brown, drain on paper towel.
Place the prawns on a platter.
Divide the prawns onto six plates and serve with the orange salad and coconut sauce.
© Jenny Morris