Browse through our amazing Breco Recipes by Jenni Morris
- Deep-Fried Torpedo Prawns with Thai Sweet Chilli Dip
- BBQ Tuna Kebabs
- Thousand Island Prawn Salad
- Beer Battered Fish and Chips with Breco Chip and Dip Sauce
- Summery Mussel Salad
- Pesto Prawns
- Herby Crumbed Half Shell Mussels Recipe
- Seared Scallops, on a bed of Cucumber Spaghetti served in the Half Shell and drizzled with Lime Juice
- Summer Crabstick Salad
- Smoked Salmon and Cuccumber Filled Herb Omelette
- Seared Salmon with Tartare Sauce
- Baby Kingklip with Seafood and Garlic Sauce
- Squid Salad
- Mango Crab Sticks Salad
- Crumbed Butterfly Prawns Served With Peanut Coconut Sauce and a Side Salad of Red Onion and Oranges
- Baked Sardines with Thyme and Roasted Lemon
- Tasty Twice Fried Tentacles with Green Beans
Creamy Prawn Curry
1 tablespoons ghee or vegetable oil
1 tablespoon of mustard seeds
1 large onion, finely chopped
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
1 tablespoon garlic, crushed
¾ teaspoon garam masala
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground coriander
¾ teaspoon chilli powder
Pinch of sugar
Salt and pepper to taste
5 cardamom pods, toasted and seeds ground
400 g large ripe juicy tomatoes, peeled and grated
2 tablespoons tomato paste
½ cup chicken stock
8 curry leaves (optional)
800g Vannamei Prawns
1 cup fresh cream
75 g cold butter, cut into small pieces
Fresh coriander, to garnish
Heat 2 tablespoons of ghee or oil in a saucepan, add the mustard seeds and fry for a few minutes so that they pop.
Add the onion, ginger and garlic and cook for a few minutes till fragrant.
Stir in the garam masala, cumin, and coriander and chilli powder – do not let the spices burn!
Add a little more ghee and cook for a few minutes.
Now add the sugar, salt, pepper, cardamom, tomatoes, tomato paste and chicken stock and curry leaves.
Bring to the boil and cook till the sauce has become fragrant.
Pour the sauce into a food processor and blend till smooth.
Return to the saucepan and add the cream and prawns, bring the sauce to a simmer, adjust the seasoning, cook simmering till the prawns change colour, and remove from the heat stir in the chopped butter a few pieces at a time.
Spoon the curry into a serving bowl, garnish with chopped coriander.
Serve with lots of steaming hot basmati rice.
© Jenny Morris