Browse through our amazing Breco Recipes by Jenni Morris
- Deep-Fried Torpedo Prawns with Thai Sweet Chilli Dip
- BBQ Tuna Kebabs
- Thousand Island Prawn Salad
- Beer Battered Fish and Chips with Breco Chip and Dip Sauce
- Summery Mussel Salad
- Pesto Prawns
- Herby Crumbed Half Shell Mussels Recipe
- Seared Scallops, on a bed of Cucumber Spaghetti served in the Half Shell and drizzled with Lime Juice
- Summer Crabstick Salad
- Smoked Salmon and Cuccumber Filled Herb Omelette
- Seared Salmon with Tartare Sauce
- Baby Kingklip with Seafood and Garlic Sauce
- Squid Salad
- Mango Crab Sticks Salad
- Crumbed Butterfly Prawns Served With Peanut Coconut Sauce and a Side Salad of Red Onion and Oranges
- Baked Sardines with Thyme and Roasted Lemon
- Tasty Twice Fried Tentacles with Green Beans
Clam Meat in a Sweet chilli Sauce
2 tablespoons peanut oil
1 red onion, thinly sliced
2 red chillies, seeded and sliced
30 g fresh ginger, finely chopped
6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
6 large really ripe tomatoes, skinned, seeded and finely chopped
1 tablespoons fish sauce
1 tablespoon sugar
3 cups clam meat
1 small handful chopped fresh coriander
12 fresh Basil leaves chopped
2 spring onions with tops chopped
Heat the oil in a saucepan, add the onion, chillies, ginger and garlic, and cook till wonderfully fragrant.
Stir in the tomatoes, fish sauce and sugar.
Lower the heat and simmer till it reduces and is thick and chunky; add a half a cup of water if it looks like it might stick.
Sir in the clam meat and coriander, and heat through, remove from the heat stir in the basil and chopped spring onions.
Serve with Noodle or Sticky rice.
© Jenny Morris